Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Aztec Killings

Dear my teachers I hate your topics so I am doing my own. Seems more educational than your topics.

From what I have read I'm the past two days I realized that the Aztec Empire was located in Mexico. I previously thought it was somewhere in South America. I also learned that Moctezuma (Aztec king) thought Hernan Cortez (Spanish Invader) was the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl. Cortez was from Cuba. The Cuban Governor told him not to go to Mexico but he did it anyway. He left with many boats, men, Cuban natives, African slaves, horses, and war dogs. Cortez wanted to succeed where all before him failed. Cortez first landed on the east coast of Yucatan. There he found out about two Spanish men being held captive. He got them and one came with him and helped translate for him. The next place he went he took a mistress who also translated for him. At this point Moctezuma heard of Cortez and sent two people to watch him and bring back information. The informant came back with detailed information about the Spaniards. They told Moctezuma about how the Spaniards fish and what they look like.
I really like this book so far. It is very informative and give quotes from the people. I think I may buy this book. In fact I am going to go find it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment